Do I need a permit to sell door-to-door?

In order to sell or advertise items door-to-door, you will need to obtain a Transient Vendor Permit from Prairie Township. 

The application and regulations can be found on the Zoning Department's page.

No Transient Vendor shall enter upon the premises of, call upon, knock at the door of, or ring the doorbell of any residence, house, apartment or other dwelling in the Township which is at that time on the Do Not Knock Registry.

Show All Answers

1. I received a "Notice to Abate a Nuisance." What does this mean?
2. I received a Trash Citation Tag on my door. What do I need to do?
3. I received a Trash Citation in the mail. What do I need to do?
4. Can I have chickens or farm animals on my property?
5. Can I have a yard sale?
6. Can I hunt on Prairie Township property?
7. Do I need a permit to build a fence on my property?
8. Do I need a permit to replace my roof?
9. Do I need a permit to sell door-to-door?
10. Do you do residential zoning?
11. Do you take credit cards?
12. How can I determine where my lot lines are?
13. How do I dispose of tree and shrub trimmings?
14. How do I file a Nuisance or Zoning complaint?
15. How do I report an inoperable vehicle?
16. How do I submit a Commercial Building Permit?
17. How much does a residential zoning permit cost?
18. What is a Variance and when do I need one?
19. What types of projects require a Zoning Compliance (Permit)?
20. When is the Zoning Department open?
21. Where can I find a map of Prairie Township?