Residential Zoning Application Instructions
Permits are required for all new construction, repairs, and replacements including outside living spaces, garages, decks, porches, sheds, fences, pools, siding, windows, roofs, etc.
How To Complete a Residential Zoning Permit:
- Complete the Zoning Permit Application
- Attach a Diagram of your lot show the new addition(s) drawn to scale include dimensions, height and set-backs from all lot lines. If you do not have a diagram of your lot you can print one off of the Franklin County Auditors Website (click on property search, find your property, and print Map Report)
- Application Fee - Payable by cash, check made payable to Prairie Township, or by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover - in office or by phone).
- Projects up to 199sqft: $25.00 (including fences)
- Projects 200sqft or more: $50.00
- Projects over 1000 sq. ft. must obtain an MS-4 Permit (Land Disturbance). This permit is page 4 of your Zoning Permit Application and requires a $150.00 deposit for disturbances over 1000sqft or a $350.00 deposit for any disturbance over one (1) acre. MS-4 Regulations (Land Disturbance)
How to Submit a Residential Zoning Permit:
Please submit your 4 page application (including phone number) marked map, and applicable fee by:
- Bringing it to our Office at 25 Maple Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43228 between the hours of 8:30am and 4:00pm.
- Dropping it off to our Office at 25 Maple Drive. There is a white drop-off bin in front of our door.
- Mailing it to: Prairie Township Zoning Department, 25 Maple Drive, Columbus Ohio 43228
- Emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applying by email, please indicate how you would like to pay your permit fee. If you would like to pay by credit card, please indicate the number we should call to get credit card information.
*Corner Lots are subject to special Front Setbacks. Please call the Zoning Department for assistance if you are located on a corner lot 614-982-2190.