Permits are required for all new construction, repairs, and replacements including outside living spaces, garages, decks, porches, sheds, fences, pools, siding, windows, roofs, etc.
How To Complete a Residential Zoning Permit:
- Complete the Zoning Permit Application
- Attach a Diagram of your lot show the new addition(s) drawn to scale include dimensions, height and set-backs from all lot lines. If you do not have a diagram of your lot you can print one off of the Franklin County Auditors Website (click on property search, find your property, and print Map Report)
- Application Fee - Payable by cash or Check made out to Prairie Township
Projects up to 199sqft: $25.00 (including fences)
Projects 200sqft or more: $50.00
- Projects over 1000 sq. ft. must obtain an MS-4 Permit (Land Disturbance). This permit is page 4 of your Zoning Permit Application and requires a $150.00 deposit for disturbances over 1000sqft or a $350.00 deposit for any disturbance over one (1) acre. MS-4 Regulations (Land Disturbance)
How to Submit a Residential Zoning Permit:
Please submit your 4 page application (including phone number) marked map, and applicable fee by:
- Dropping it off to our Administration Office at 23 Maple Drive. There is a bin in the lobby for Permits and Applications. The lobby is open from 8am-4pm Monday-Friday; or
- Mailing it to: Prairie Township Zoning Department, 25 Maple Drive, Columbus Ohio 43228
- A copy of your approved application will be mailed back to you within 5-7 days. If we have any questions we will contact you at the phone number provided on your application.
MS-4 Regulations (Land Disturbance)
*Corner Lots are subject to (2) Front Set-backs – this setback will be required from both streets and may need special instructions. Please call the Zoning Department for assistance if you are located on a corner lot 614-982-2190.