Commercial Building and Zoning Department
THE PRAIRIE TOWNSHIP COMMERCIAL BUILDING AND ZONING DEPARTMENT is open TO THE PUBLIC.
While our office is open for business, our preferred method of contact is by phone or email. If you would like to meet in person, we encourage you to contact the Township Department you wish to meet with and schedule an appointment. All appointments will follow the CDC guidelines, including social distancing and the use of facial coverings.
The Commercial Building and Zoning Department is open to accept applications, or you may drop them off in thelocated outside the door of 25 Maple Drive.
For more Township information on Covid-19, please click HERE.
The Prairie Township Commercial Building & Zoning Department's goals are to serve the residents of Prairie Township and improve their quality of life with the tools provided. The Commercial Building & Zoning Office:
- Administrates and enforces the Township land use laws
- Facilitates the operation of the Townships Commercial Building Department for multi-family structures with four or more units, and all commercial development and construction
- Operates the nuisance abatement program for the Township
Nuisance Process (PDF)
Community Backyards offers reimbursements
to eligible residents up to $50 for installing a rain barrel,
compost bin, or planting native plants and trees.
For more information, please visit
Franklin Soil and Water Conservation District's website
at Community Backyards website or call (614) 486-9613.
Recently there as been an increase
in the rat population in Franklin County.
If you have a rat problem, please report it to
Franklin County Public Health using their Report a Rat
Problem Line at (614) 525-4762. You can also report a problem
to Franklin County Public Health by filling out a web form at:
Print your permits directly from our webpage and submit them to our office by:
- Bringing it to our office at 25 Maple Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43228 between the hours of 8:30am and 4:00pm.
- Dropping off at our offices at 25 Maple Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43228. There is a secure white drop-off bin in front of our door that is available 24hrs a day.
- Mailing in your application to Prairie Township Zoning, 25 Maple Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43228.
All fees must be paid by cash or check made payable to Prairie Township. Credit card payments are not accepted at this time.
- Conditional Use Application
- Conditional Use Submittal Requirements
- Garage Sale / Yard Sale Permit
- EU Development Plan Modification App
- MS4 Land Disturbance Application and Regulations
- Open Space (Hunting) Permit
- Open Space Map and Guidelines
- PUD Preliminary Approval Application
- PUD Final Approval Application
- RMH Preliminary Approval Application
- RMH Final Approval Application
- Substantially Similar Use Permit
- Time Extension Application
- Transient Vendor Application and Regulations
- Variance or Appeal Application
- Variance Submittal Requirements
- Zoning Amendment Application
- Zoning Amendment Submittal Requirements
- ZONING COMPLIANCE (PERMIT) APPLICATION
- Zoning Fee Schedule
To obtain a Zoning Compliance (Permit), you will need the following:
- Completed Application
- Diagram of your lot (drawn to scale) showing the new addition(s). Show dimensions and set-backs from all lot lines. If you do not have a diagram, you can print one off of the Franklin County Auditor’s website.
- Application Fee - Payable by cash or Check made out to Prairie Township
Projects up to 199sqft: $25.00 (including all fences, roofing, siding, windows, etc.); Projects 200sqft or more: $50.00
Submit items 1-3 to the Prairie Township Zoning Department by:
- Bringing it to our Office at 25 Maple Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43228 between the hours of 8:30am and 4:00pm.
- Dropping it off to our Office at 25 Maple Drive. There is a white drop-off bin in front of our door.
- Mailing it to: Prairie Township Zoning Department, 25 Maple Drive, Columbus Ohio 43228