2021 ANNUAL CLEAN-UP
APRIL 29-mAY 1 AND MAY 6-8
Prairie Township Road Department - 6725 Alkire Road, Galloway, Ohio 43119
Hours of Operation
- Thursday, April 29 from 10am to 8pm
- Friday, April 30 from 10am to 8pm
- Saturday, May 1 from 10am to 4pm
- Thursday, May 6 from 10am to 8pm
- Friday, May 7 from 10am to 8pm
- Saturday, May 8 from 10am to 4pm
NEW! On-Site Document Shredding
Saturday, May 1 from 10 am to 1pm
New this year we will have a document shredding station at our clean-up for three hours on Saturday, May 1, 2021 from 10am to 1pm. Prairie Township residents can have their personal documents shredded on site at no cost.
Stormwater Education Event
Saturday, May 1 from 11 am to 1pm
Join us to learn about rain gardens and backyard conservation of stormwater. Franklin Soil and Water Conservation District will be on site to demonstrate how rain gardens work and tech how you can impact your area with proper stormwater practices.
- Pull up to the gate with your vehicle window up and show your ID with your Prairie Township address to Staff.
- Continue to the back of the lot and put items either in the backhoe bucket or on the ground and the Township Staff will load the items into the dumpster.
- The Prairie Township cleanup is for Prairie Township residents only. Please have a photo ID (with Prairie Township address) ready to be checked at the gate.
- Residents are able to dump trash as much and as many times per day.
- Limited to eight tires per day. No businesses are permitted to bring tires.
- Latex and water based paints must be open and dried.
- No hazardous waste* or yard waste will be accepted. (see below)
Make a Difference
Organize a clean-up group in your neighborhood. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Church Groups and Homeowner Associations are welcome.
Please call the Zoning Office at 614-982-2190 for supplies and details.
*Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
We are unable to accept Household Hazardous Waste.
Hazardous Waste includes, but is not limited to:
If you have Household Hazardous Waste, you must dispose of it using the SWACO Hazardous Waste drop-off location at 645 E. 8th Avenue, Columbus, at the corner of E. 8th and Essex Avenue. For more information, call (614) 294-1300.